MENU

Slide

Friday, December 26, 2008

Brand Review: Base Makeup





Hellooooooo, how's your christmas celebration? ^-^
Mine was pretty simple/boring.
Blah, went for dinner with boyf & his army mates on X'mas Eve
and one of his mates baked christmas-y gingerbread man
& gave us candy canes. lol.

I hope for your x'mas day was fun! :D










Anyway some of you girls have been asking
what kinda base makeup do i use,
what's the difference between loose powder, compact powder,
pressed powder, two-way cake& liquid foundation
.








It's really simple, for compact powder, pressed powder
it's actually the same as loose powder,
just that it's pressed into a compact so that it'll be easy
for you to bring it out with you to touch up your foundation etc.




For two-way cakes, you can choose
to use it normally with a dry sponge,
Or you could wet your sponge by an Evian facial mist
(http://d.yimg.com/au.yimg.com/util/anysize/379,http:%2F%2Ff3.yahoofs.com%2Fymg%2Fmarieclaire__26%2
Fmarieclaire-909554087-1200362069.jpg%3FymWZaw.
CyJKml_ay?sig=x3PONIUueMnTJuuwOsjBu9_KTrc-)
and apply the two-way cake for better coverage
without that super powdery look.



And for liquid foundation..
pump one finger-sized drop, dot it on your forehead,
cheeks, nose bridge, chin and spread evenly with sponge/brush.
I'd prefer to use a sponge for my liquid foundation thou,
easier to spread for me.




Watson sells those really cheap make-up sponges,
like 20 pieces/pack for like only afew bucks?
Hahahs, so i can just throw away the sponge maybe every 2 weeks?














These are some of the products i've personally tried!





Charcott finishing powder,
this powder is highly raved in japan magazines,
And i got the 170g tub at S$29, in shade 756




It is really really really worth the money,
really finely milled, and such a huge tub!
It's the same size of my whole palm!

Hahahas, i don't think i'll be able to finish
using the whole tub my whole life.
Anyway, it's been used by many celebrities
and it's a professional stage makeup.

The oil control is fantastic & even if i apply alot
of this it wouldn't look cakey at all!








Lancome Photogenic compact

I had this maybe like, 2 years back?
I love this powder! Firstly, it has SPF,
And it doesn't give a powdery look like my boyf will describe
as "smile then her makeup will crack" -.-
but gives very natural flawless look.






Laneige Sebum Pact,


There's SPF in this pressed powder,
and small small small bits of shimmer so
that it doesn't look too matt & cakey even if you apply alot!

And of course, i loooove the packaging!






Ettusais Flat Design Liquid,

This has been my favourite foundation ever since it came out!
It's hides all blemishes & it's not thick or hard to spread.
Has SPF 18 PA ++ and it's pretty good at oil control as well!





Jill Stuart Tint Liquid Foundation,


Boyf bought this for me when he was in Taiwan,
I wanted the Moist silk foundation but it was OOS!
I think as compared to Ettusais Flat Design Liquid
this is much thicker, more coverage.

But, i don't like my foundation to be too thick!
so this foundation is kinda like, so-so to me.
But i looooove the packaging! :D





Lancome Teint Idole Ultra SPF 10


It's suppose to last 14 hours w/o retouching,
But it's obviously impossible for me cos my skin is so oily!
But i love how this foundation is kinda sheer,
feels like you're not even wearing any makeup,
But yet able to cover up all the minor blemishes/imperfection!







Ettusais Zero Pore Pact, (2-way cake)




I'm using the Zero Pore Pact (Oil Block Version) in my
Majorlica Majorca foundation case!

The coverage for this 2-way cake is very good,
to me it's a little tad bit thick, But it really hides my pores
(althought mine is not really visible)

And it's really long lasting, i hardly need any touch-ups
with this 2-way cake, which is like a miracleeeee. lol.

But i'd prefer to use this when i'm breaking out,
I break out like every month before i have my period -.-
Annoooooying!






Chanel Blanc Essentiel Compact,



I don't like this powder at all. Except for the fact that
it has SPF & the nice white casing, the powder is not that
great as how everyone is raving about it!









Whoops, gotta run!
Else i'm gonna be laaaaaaaate! :D



SAYONARA, LOVES!

No comments: